Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Fresh ginger adds a fresh note to this simple side dish. If you’re making this recipe for Passover then you may want to use Kosher for Passover starch and salt.
- 2 Pounds Carrots (Peeled And Sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Potato Or Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Water (Divided)
- Place carrots and 1 cup water in medium-size skillet. Cover with lid and bring to simmer. Steam 15 minutes until just tender.
- While carrots steam, in small-size bowl mix starch with 1/4 cup water until dissolved. Whisk in honey, kosher salt, and freshly grated ginger. Set aside
- Drain carrots and return to skillet over a low heat. Pour in honey mixture and stir 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish. Serve warm.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved