Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
This vegetable dish is absolutely delicious. Made with onions, garlic, tomatoes, green beans, and a few spices. Spice up your green beans with this extremely popular Lebanese recipe. If you want to make this dish vegan then replace the butter with olive oil.
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Sliced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Can (28 Ounces) Diced Tomatoes With Juice
- 1 Pound Green Beans (Trimmed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- In large-size skillet add unsalted butter. Turn heat to medium-high and melt butter for 1 minute. Add onions, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes until onions are soft. Add tomatoes with juice, green beans, cinnamon, and water. Stir well to combine. Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 25 minutes until beans are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove lid and stir in lemon zest. Cook 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4 as side dish.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen