Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 420 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
In these winter months I like to make beef stew. Stew meats get tender when I use my slow cooker. It’s important to tenderize the beef before cooking and then stew slowly in the liquid using the gentle heat from the slow cooker. As an added bonus, your house will smell delicious.
- 1 Pound Beef Stew Meat
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Medium Carrots (Chopped)
- 2 Medium Russet Potatoes (Peeled & Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/4 Cup Beer
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- Sprinkle stew meat with kosher salt and pepper. Using a fork, prick meat in multiple places to tenderize. Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours to overnight.
- Remove meat from fridge and toss with flour.
- Heat large-size skillet over a medium-high heat. Add oil and sear meat until browned on the outside.
- In medium-size bowl combine tomato paste, soy sauce, beef stock, beer, and red wine. Pour into slow cooker.
- Transfer browned meat to slow cooker. Add garlic, onions, carrots, and potatoes.
- Cook on low 6 to 7 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours until meat is falling apart tender.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 420 Minutes Total Time: 440 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved