Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 10
When it comes to holiday meals, I like to do as much prep in advance as I can. I’d rather be more relaxed serving dinner than run around like my hair is on fire. This recipe lets you check mashed potatoes off your to-do list. Prepare them up to a day ahead of time and just before serving reheat them in the oven and the potatoes will form a delightful golden-brown crust as they bake. YUM!
- 6 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled And Quartered)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Crème Fraîche
- Place potatoes in large-size pot and add water to cover by 3 inches. Add a generous amount of kosher salt. Bring to boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain well. Working in batches pass potatoes through a ricer into a large-size bowl.
- In a large-size Dutch oven add butter and cream over a medium heat. Stir occasionally and cook 5 minutes. Add potatoes and stir until just combined. Stir in the crème fraîche. Add kosher salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature and cover pot with aluminum foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Transfer foil covered pot to oven and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes until potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved