I’ve had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year and love to make this easy soup. All you need is a blender or food processor. I typically use a hand blender for this recipe, but you don’t have to. Be careful with the amount of salt you add. I recommend that you start out with a quarter teaspoon of salt and adjust if you decide to after tasting it several times.
No Cook Gazpacho
- Prep Time
- 1 Quart
- (5 /5)
- 7 ratings
- 2 Pounds Ripe Tomatoes (Cored & Chopped)
- 1 Anaheim Pepper (Cored, Seeded & Chopped)
- 1 Large Cucumber (Peeled & Chopped)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Add tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, and garlic in blender. Blend at high speed 3 minutes until very smooth. While motor is running add vinegar and kosher salt. Slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Strain mixture through strainer or food mill. Push liquid through with spatula. Throw away solids. Transfer to large bowl or pitcher. Place in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving add more kosher salt and vinegar. If soup is very thick, stir in a few tablespoons ice water. Serve in glasses, over ice, if you like. A few drops of olive oil and chopped cucumber on top are a nice touch.
- Makes About 1 Quart
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes Chilling Time: 6 Hours
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved