Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Celebrate Oktoberfest with this bratwurst dish or just make this dish for busy weeknights. I love this all-in-one dish that’s family friendly and serves a crowd. The apples and butternut squash in this recipe are great with bratwursts, but any mild sausage will work deliciously.
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash (Peeled & Cut Into 1/2 Inch Cubes)
- 2 Apples (Diced)
- 1 Cup Seedless Red Grapes
- 1 Small Red Onion (Halved & Cut Into Thick Slices)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 6 Fresh Bratwursts
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large-size roasting pan combine squash, apples, grapes, and onion. Sprinkle with olive oil, caraway seeds, kosher salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange brats over top.
- Place in oven and roast for 35 minutes until brats are browned and hot all the way through and squash is very tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Serves 6
- “Work With What You Got”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin