Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 67 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
If you’re cutting those carbs and staying on the paleo lifestyle then this is a good recipe to make. This meatloaf is super easy to make and leftovers are excellent for next day lunch.
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Celery Stalks (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Cup Mushrooms (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter Or Ghee
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef, Buffalo, Or Lamb
- 1/2 Pound Liver (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size skillet add butter or ghee. Turn heat to medium-high. Add onion, garlic, celery, and mushrooms. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes until tender.
- In large-size bowl combine ground meat, liver, egg, herbs, salt, and pepper. Add sautéed vegetables. Mix well. Place mixture in loaf pan.
- Place in oven 15 minutes. After baking 15 minutes spread ketchup on top of loaf. Continue to bake another 40 to 45 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Transfer to serving plate and slice.
- Serve warm
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 67 Minutes Total Time: 87 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved