Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Many of us are carving pumpkins this month. Here is a recipe that’s a twist on the basic roasted pumpkin seeds. I used to make these as a kid and still do today.
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (From 10 Pound Pumpkin)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- /2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In medium-size pot with salted boiling water add pumpkin seeds. Boil seeds 10 minutes. Drain. Pat seeds dry on paper towels.
- In medium-size bowl toss seeds with oil, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. Spread coated seeds evenly on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and roast 20 minutes until seeds are crispy. Depending on your oven you may need to 5 minutes or so in the oven. Make sure to turn seeds once during roasting to ensure both sides get crispy.
- Remove from oven and let seeds come to room temperature before serving
- Makes 1 cup.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved