Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 8 Makes about 3 cups
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Appetizers, Baby Spinach, Crostini, English Peas, Garlic, Goat Cheese, Gracious Vintage, Kosher Salt, Olive Oil, Onions, Peas, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Snacks, Spinach, Spring Pea Goat Cheese Crostini, Spring Peas, Thyme, Tiny New York Kitchen, Victoria Hart Glavin, White Onions, white wine, Wine
Spring pea purée pairs so well with fresh goat cheese and a nice glass of crisp white wine.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1/2 Small White Onion (Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Sliced)
- 3 Cups Shelled English Peas (Blanched)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 1/2 Ounces Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 Cups Crisp White Wine
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Fresh Goat Cheese (For Serving)
- Crostini (For Serving)
- In large-size skillet over a medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and sauté 6 to 8 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic, peas, thyme, and red pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook 2 to 2 minutes. Turn heat to high and add wine. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 1 minute. Stir in remaining olive oil. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to food processor or blender. Add kosher salt. Purée to desired consistency. I like it a bit chunky, but if you like the consistency smooth then go for it. Transfer to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve spread goat cheese on crostini, top with pea purée.
- Makes about 3 cups.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 22 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved