Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Summer Berry Pudding is an English warm-weather dessert. Not steamed like a sticky pudding, but an easy dish that sets up thanks to the pectin in the berries. Make sure to use firm, bakery quality bread.
- 4 Small Slices Firm White Bread (Crusts Removed)
- 1 Cup Sliced Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Pinch Of Salt
- Place an 8 ouce (1 cup) ramekin or similar size dish on top of a slice of bread and cut around it to trim bread to fit the dish. Repeat with remaining 3 slices of bread.
- In medium-size saucepan add berries, sugar, water, and salt. Cook over a medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes until berries break down. Remove from heat. Reserve 1/3 cup for garnish – cover and refrigerate.
- You need 2 ramekins. Place 1 tablespoon of berry mixture in bottom of each ramekin. Top with slice of bread. Divide remaining berry mixture between each. Top with another slice of bread.
- Place pudding on large-size plate to catch any overflowing juices. Cover each with plastic wrap. Place 15-ounce weight (like can of beans) on top of each pudding. Place in refrigerator for 6 hours or up to 2 days.
- To unmold, remove weight and plastic wrap. Run knife around inside of ramekin. Invert onto dessert plate. Spoon reserved berry mixture over puddings.
- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 6 Minutes Chill Time: 360 Minutes Total Time: 386 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved