Yields or Serves: 6
This is such a fresh corn salad that it’s a shame that summer isn’t year-round. Fresh corn is best between the months of July and September, making this Grilled Corn Salad an excellent vegetable for summer barbecues. It is also great the next day as well after all of the flavors have had time to settle in.
- 3 Limes (Juiced)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 6 Ears Of Corn (Husks And Silk Removed)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Green Cabbage
- 3 Jalapeños (Seeded And Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Brush with a bit of olive oil on each ear of corn. Grill corn for about 10 minutes, turning the ears often so they cook evenly. Remove from grill.
- In medium-size bowl whisk together lime juice, ground cumin, and chili powder. Add olive 3/4 cup olive oil in slow and steady stream while whisking. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Set aside.
- With sharp knife cut corn from cob. Place corn kernels in large-size bowl. Add jalapeños, cilantro, and cabbage. Drizzle on vinaigrette. Toss to coat evenly. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve room temperature.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved