Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Knee deep in tomatoes? Make my easy and delicious Sweet & Spicy Ketchup. It’s so much better than store bought!
- 6 Large Tomatoes (About 3 1/4 Pounds) Stemmed & Quartered
- 6 Peeled Garlic Cloves (Diced)
- 1 Hot Pepper (Seeds Removed) Diced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a large-size saucepan, combine tomatoes, garlic, diced hot pepper, parsley, honey, sugar, kosher salt, pepper, and turmeric. Bring to a simmer over a medium-low heat and continue to simmer for 50 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add vinegar and continue to simmer for 30 more minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool for 20 minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender then use a food processor or blender.
- In a small-size bowl, whish cornstarch and water together. Bring tomato mixture to a slow simmer and whisk in cornstarch.
- Cook for 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in lemon juice.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to airtight container and place in refrigerator.
- Makes about 4 Cups