Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Cook whole potatoes almost all the way through in a series of close vertical slices so they fan out as they cook. Choose potatoes that weigh no more than 6 ounces each
- 8 Medium Potatoes
- 32 Thyme Or Rosemary Sprigs
- 6 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Snipped Fresh Chives
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease medium-size baking pan. Set aside.
- Set 1 potato on cutting board. With large knife, starting at one end of potato, cut a series of vertical slices about 1/8 inch apart. Make sure not to cut all the way through. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Insert a sprig of thyme or rosemary into 4 of the cuts in each potato. Arrange potatoes in prepared pan, cut side up. Drizzle melted butter over tops. Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt and pepper.
- Tightly cover baking pan with foil. Place in oven, on lowest rack, and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes until fork-tender. Remove pan from oven and remove foil. Turn oven to broil. Place pan with potatoes on rack closest to heat source. Broil 5 to 7 minutes until browned on top.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley and chives.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 82 Minutes Total Time: 102 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved