Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
This asparagus dish is an excellent spring dish to serve for holidays or everyday.
- 1 Cup Cooked White Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Pound Asparagus (Tough Ends Removed)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds (Toasted)
- In large-size pot bring salted water to a boil. Add asparagus for 2 minutes until just tender. Transfer asparagus to ice water bath. Drain; pat dry, and set aside.
- Heat large-size skillet over a medium-high heat. Swirl in olive oil. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes until garlic has softened. Transfer garlic to plate and set aside. Let skillet cool slightly and then whisk lemon juice into oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Add more olive oil if dressing is too tart. Add garlic back to skillet along with asparagus. Toss to coat with dressing.
- In small-size bowl combine almonds and lemon zest. Transfer asparagus to serving platter. Top with white beans. Drizzle remaining dressing in skillet over top. Sprinkle with almond lemon zest mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved