Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
This is an excellent muffin recipe and the muffins are very filling. Pack them in your child’s lunchbox, serve for breakfast, or have them on hand for an afternoon snack.
- 12 Ounces Carrot Juice
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with liners. Set aside.
- In a small-size bowl whisk together carrot juice, eggs, and olive oil.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and walnuts.
- Add carrot juice mixture to flour mixture. Combine until completely moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Place in oven for 18 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Make 18 muffins.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin