Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
Make sure to stir in the cheese and remove from the heat as soon as it melts to prevent curdling.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Onions (Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 2 Cups Potatoes (Chopped)
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth Or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onions (Chopped)
- In medium-size saucepan melt butter over a medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté 5 minutes until onions are tender. Sprinkle with flour and cook 1 more minute. Stir constantly.
- Add potatoes, milk, chicken broth (or vegetable broth), and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boil. Cover with lid and turn heat down to low. Simmer 10 minutes. Add shredded cheese and freshly ground pepper. Cook 2 more minutes until cheese melts. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped green onions.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen