Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes 16 Bars
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
I’m a coconut and pineapple fan and like making these delicious bars, which is a nice addition to pumpkin desserts.
- 2 (14 Ounce) Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lime Zest
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 (12.3 Ounces) Package Crispy Coconut Cookies (Voortman Coconut Cookies)
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter (Melted)
- 1/2 Cup Canned Pineapple Tidbits (Well Drained)
- 1/4 Cup Minced Sweetened Flaked Coconut (Toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Grease and set aside.
- In medium-size bowl whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, lime zest, and lime juice.
- In food processor add cookies and pulse to make fine crumbs.
- In medium-size bowl combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Pour half of condensed milk mixture over crumb layer. Scatter pineapple tidbits over condensed milk layer. Pour remaining condensed milk mixture over pineapple layer. Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Place in oven 30 minutes until set. Remove from oven and let cool in pan completely.
- Wrap pan tightly with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 7 hours.
- Using parchment paper lining as handles, lift cold dessert from pan. Peel away parchment paper and place dessert on cutting board. Using a long, sharp knife in a downward motion, cut dessert into 16 bars.
- Serve cold.
- Makes 16 Bars
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes **Chill Time 7 Hours
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved