Yields or Serves: Makes 8 Rolls
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
After baking rolls in a cake pan, immediately brush tops with a bit of butter to keep the crust soft.
- 3 Cups Water (105 to 115 Degrees)
- 1 Tablespoons Instant Or Active Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 6 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- In 5-quart, nonreactive container, mix water, yeast, and kosher salt. Mix until just incorporated. Cover dough loosely and allow to rise at room temperature for about 2 hours. Do not punch dough down.
- Grease 9-inch round cake pan.
- Remove a 1 1/2-pound hunk of dough. On a floured surface divide dough into eight pieces. With floured hands shape into balls the size of small plums. Place in prepared pan. Cover loosely and let rest 40 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small-size bowl combine egg and 1 tablespoon water. Just before placing in oven brush rolls with egg wash.
- Place in oven 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Let cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- Makes 8 Rolls
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes Rise Time: 220 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved