Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bell Peppers, Cumin, Fava Bean & Red Pepper Salad, Fava Beans, Greenwich Free Press, Herbs, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Lima Beans, Olive Oil, Onions, Parsley, Pepper, Red Bell Peppers, Red Peppers, Salads, Salt, Spring, Vegan, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Full-flavored favas are, to my mind, beans at their best. They’re softer and richer than lima beans and have a grainier texture. They have a strong, herb taste with just a hint of pepper, which makes a perfect Fava Bean & Red Pepper Salad.
- 1 Cup Shelled & Steamed Fava Beans
- 1/2 Cup Onions (Chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Seeded & Chopped)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- In medium-size bowl combine fava beans, onions, and chopped red bell pepper.
- In small-size bowl whisk together lemon juice, cumin, kosher salt, pepper, and parsley. While whisking, drizzle in olive oil.
- Pour dressing over fava bean mixture. Toss to combine well.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- When ready to serve remove from fridge and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved