Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 6
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Adding egg yolks takes the creamy richness of mashed potatoes to a whole new level. You’ll wonder why you never did this before.
- 2 1/2 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes (Peeled & Diced)
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 5 Garlic Cloves (Finely Minced)
- 3 Tablespoons Half & Half
- 1/2 Cup Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Minced Fresh Parsley For Garnish (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place diced potatoes into large-size pot. Cover with cold water and add 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover pot with lid. Cook 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to large-size bowl. Mash well.
- In small-size pan add 6 tablespoons unsalted butter. Melt over a medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until garlic is lightly golden and softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in half & half. Pour into bowl of mashed potatoes. Stir in Parmesan cheese and season with remaining kosher salt and pepper. Let mixture cool for a few minutes and then quickly stir in egg yolks one at a time.
- Transfer mixture to large-size piping bag. Pipe into 12 mounds onto prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Gently brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Place in oven 15 to 19 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved