Grilled & Chilled Flank Steak is a perfectly cooked flank steak seasoned with garlic, ground fennel, and thyme.
Grilled & Chilled Flank Steak
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 12 ratings
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Fennel
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Thyme Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Pounds Flank Steak
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Horseradish
- In small-size bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, fennel, thyme, kosher salt, and pepper. Rub paste all over flank steak and bring to room temperature for 1 hour.
- Light grill. Grill steak over moderate heat 30 minutes, turning often, until charred and instant-read thermometer reads 118 degrees. Remove from heat and transfer to carving board. Tent with foil and let cool 30 minutes. Wrap steak tightly in foil and let cool completely. Refrigerate overnight.
- In small-size bowl whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, and horseradish.
- Carve steak into 1/4 inch thick slices. Serve cold with buttermilk sauce.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 80 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 110 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved