Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I adore eating eggplant any old way. This holiday weekend throw a few on the grill to go with whatever it is that you’re preparing. Remember, if you don’t have a grill then a grill pan on the stove works quite well.
- 3 Eggplants (Thickly Sliced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Thinly Sliced)
- 18 Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil (For Drizzling)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Place the eggplant slices in a colander. Sprinkle with kosher salt and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
- Light the grill. Rinse the eggplant slices and pat dry with paper towels. Place on grill. Grill on both sides for 6 minutes until done. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Arrange eggplant slices on serving dish. Sprinkle with garlic, basil leaves, kosher salt, and pepper. Drizzle with plenty of olive oil.
- Set aside in cool place for 1 hour to allow flavors to mingle before serving.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved