Yields or Serves: Makes One 9-Inch Pie Crust
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
The very first step to making a delicious pie from scratch is making homemade pie dough. I like to use butter for its rich flavor. Avoid overworking the dough for a flakey crust.
- 1 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 8 Tablespoons Cold Unsalted Butter (Cut Into 1/4 Inch Pieces)
- 3 Tablespoons Very Cold Water
- In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, and kosher salt. Using a pastry cutter (or 2 knives) cut butter into flour mixture until texture looks like coarse cornmeal with butter pieces no larger than small peas.
- Add water and mix with a fork just until dough pulls together.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface. Pat into a ball and then flatten into a disk.
- Lightly flour work surface, flatten disk with 6 to 8 gentle taps of the rolling pin. Lift dough and give it a quarter turn. Lightly dust top of dough with flour as needed. Roll out into a 12-inch round (about 1/8 inch thick).
- Makes One 9-Inch Pie Crust
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved