Yields or Serves:
Local farmers sacrifice quantity for quality each summer by rooting around their still growing potato plants and detaching tiny new potatoes to sell to their customers. Baby potatoes have a delicate, fresh flavor and are delicious just cooked until tender
- 3 Cups Tiny Potatoes
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Herbs (Dill, Parsley, Thyme)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Wash and scrub potatoes gently, but do not peel. Add chicken stock to medium-size saucepan over a medium heat. Add potatoes and turn heat to a medium-high. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid and reduce heat to medium-low and cook 20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Shake pan several times to move potatoes around so they will cook evenly. Remove from heat. Drain. Add chives and other herbs. Add butter, kosher salt and pepper. Gently shake pan. Replace over a low heat until butter has melted and potatoes are well coated.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved