Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Balsamic Vinegar, Basil, Cherry Tomatoes, Cooking Light, Goat Cheese, Greenwich Free Press, Heirloom Tomato Salad, Heirloom Tomatoes, Kosher Salt, Light Side, Maple Syrup, Olive Oil, Oregano, Pepper, Salads, Salt, Side Dishes, Summer Cooking, Summer Fun, Thyme, Tomatoes, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
They may be old school, but there’s nothing old about fresh heirloom tomatoes. Forget the grocery store. Many heirloom tomatoes come from local farms and gardens, so a farmers’ market will give you the best variety for this easy summer salad.
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 5 Medium-Sized Heirloom Tomatoes (A Variety of Colors – Washed & Halved
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (Washed & Halved)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Creamy Goat Cheese
- Fresh Herbs (Basil, Thyme And/Or Oregano) Optional
- In small-size bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Place all tomato slices and cherry tomatoes on platter. Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, and herbs (if using).
- Drizzle salad with dressing. Add 4 tablespoons creamy goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved