Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Peanut Brittle is a traditional favorite. It’s not difficult to make, but make sure to use a large-size saucepan because it will boil up.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsalted Peanuts
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Liberally grease large-size rimmed baking sheet with butter.
- Grease sides of large-size heavy saucepan with butter. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter, water, and salt. Cook over a medium heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture has come to a boil. Stir constantly. Add peanuts and stir to combine. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches the hard-crack stage and candy thermometer reads 300 degrees.
- Remove saucepan from heat and vigorously stir in baking soda.
- Immediately pour candy onto prepared baking sheet. Using two forks, lift and pull candy into rectangle shape that is about 1/2 inch thick.
- When brittle is completely cool, break into pieces.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved