Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 12
I love this time of the year when fruit is fresh and abundant. Plums are in season from May to October, so you may want to plan a trip to the farmers’ market and stock up. Make the most of the season’s bounty by making Plum Muffins to brighten up your mornings.
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Fresh Plums
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line or grease muffin pan. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture, alternating with cream. Fold in plums.
- Filled prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Place in oven 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Makes 12 muffins
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved