Yields or Serves: 8 Makes Jars
To make it easier to pack in the green beans I like to use a wide-mouth jar if possible. I like to chop and toss these pickled bens into pastas or potato salads. They are a nice addition to a cheese platter or just eat them as a snack.
- 1/4 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Smashed And Peeled)
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Peppercorns
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 12 Ounces Green Beans (Trimmed)
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Dill
- In medium-size pan combine vinegar, sugar, kosher salt, garlic, peppercorns, and water. Thurn heat to medium and cook 5 minutes until sugar and salt dissolve. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Dived green beans and dill sprigs between 2 jars. Cover with brine adding additional water if needed to cover completely. Let cool at room temperature. Seal jars with lids and refrigerate at least 1 day and up to 3 weeks.
- Makes 2 Jars
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Total Time: 15 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved