Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
At this time of year many gardens are bursting with zucchini. Making Pickled Zucchini Salad really helps to use up that late summer squash and keeps for about a week in the refrigerator.
- 4 Cups Diced Zucchini
- 1 Large Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Celery Stalks (Diced)
- 2 Medium Carrots (Diced)
- 1 Large Red Or Yellow Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar 1/2 Teaspoon Celery Seed
- In large-size bowl combine zucchini, onions, celery, carrots, and bell pepper. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cover with cold water. Let stand 3 1/2 hours at room temperature. Drain and rinse.
- In large-size saucepan bring vinegar, water, sugar, cider vinegar, and celery seed to boil. Stir in vegetable mixture and bring back to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to large-size bowl. Let cool at room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least a couple of days.
- Makes 5 Cups
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved