Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 6 Makes 1 Loaf Cake
Tags: Afternoon Tea, Breakfast, Breakfast Cake, Brunch, Butter, Eggs, Flour, Fruit, Gracious Vintage, Kosher Salt, Lemon Zest, Lemons, Milk, Salt, Self-Rising Flour, Strawberries, Strawberry Breakfast Cake, Sugar, Summer, Superfine Sugar, Tea Time, Tiny New York Kitchen, Unsalted Butter, Victoria Hart Glavin
I like to make summer mornings as easy as possible, especially when I have guests. Having this easy Strawberry Breakfast Cake on hand makes it possible.
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3/4 Cup Plus 3 Tablespoons Superfine Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups Plus 3 Tablespoons Self-Rising Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Zest From 1 Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 8 Ounces Strawberries (Hulled/Quartered)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper, leaving overhang on 2 long sides. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure first egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Reduce mixing speed and beat in flour, kosher salt, and lemon zest until just combined. Make sure not to overmix. Beat in milk. Batter will be thick.
- Evenly spread one-third of batter into bottom of prepared pan. Scatter one-third of strawberries over batter. Repeat twice more.
- Place in oven 60 to 70 minutes until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 10 minutes. Using parchment overhangs, transfer loaf to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cake can be stored in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
- Makes 1 Loaf Cake
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 70 Minutes Total Time: 90 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved