Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 36 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes about 24 cookies.
If you’re looking for a healthier treat then try making these vegan cookies. Almond butter stands in for butter in the recipe, which is a good source of protein and fiber to fill you up and keep you satisfied.
- 1 3/4 Cups Rolled Oats (Divided)
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Position oven rack in middle position.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup oat to food processor. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Pulse until oats are finely ground. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until nice and smooth. Add contents of food processor and remaining oats. Stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough by tablespoonful and arrange on baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Push down on top of each cookies with a fork to smash a bit.
- Place in oven (one baking sheet at a time) on middle rack for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until completely cooled.
- Repeat until you’ve baked all of the cookies.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 36 Minutes Total Time: 56 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved