Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
I LOVE cauliflower. I love to eat it raw, steamed, in casseroles, and especially as a gratin. Seriously, I don’t know what could be better than cauliflower and cheese! If you don’t want to use Gruyère cheese then just use whatever cheese makes you happy.Just make sure it’s a cheese that melts well.
- 1 Head Cauliflower (Chopped Into Small Florets)
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 5 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Gruyère Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- Zest Of 1 Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill (Minced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size sauté pan melt butter with garlic. Whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk whisking constantly until thickened. Add 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese whisking until fully melted.
- Place cauliflower in casserole dish and toss with kosher salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower and mix to coat.
- Top with remaining cheese and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with minced dill.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved