Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
I’ve received so many requests for this recipe that I finally created it for everyone to make when they’re looking for a hearty soup. My Chicken & Orzo Soup is so delicious that I make sure to make a big pot and eat it for days.
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 8 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 3 Green Onions (Chopped)
- 3 Large Carrots (Sliced)
- 2 Large Celery Stalks (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves (Chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chicken (Boneless Or Deboned)
- 1 Bottle Dry White Wine
- 8 Cups Chicken Stock
- In large-size heavy soup pot add olive oil. Turn heat to medium-high. Add onions, garlic, green onions, carrots, and celery. Cook vegetables for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add chicken, basil, white wine, salsa, and chicken stock. Turn heat to high and bring to boil. Turn heat to medium-low and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally. Add more chicken stock or water if needed. Add orzo and turn heat to medium-high. Cook another 20 minutes until orzo is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to serving bowl or individual bowls. Serve warm.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen