Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
You can find pandan leaf at your local Asian grocery. If you don’t live near a Asian grocery store or are unable to find pandan leaf then don’t worry about it. Just cook your Coconut rice without it.
- 4 Cups Jasmine Rice (Washed And Drained)
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Pandan Leaf (Tied In A Knot)
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Coconut Flakes
- In a large-size bowl or large-size sieve, with holes that are small enough to make sure rice doesn’t fall through, wash rice thoroughly under cold running water until water runs clear.
- Cook rice according to directions or in a rice cooker with kosher salt, sugar, pandan leaf, coconut milk, and water until done. Toss in toasted coconut flakes. Fluff rice.
- Remove pandan leaf. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen