Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Fava beans are full of nutrition and are a nice addition to chickpeas. I like to make hummus, along with various dips, for party platters. Fava Bean Hummus is so versatile that you can even use it for a spread on sandwiches and wraps.
- 2 Cups Uncooked Fava Beans
- 1 Cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Olive Oil For Garnish
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika For Garnish
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves For Garnish
- In large-size bowl add fava beans and cover with cold water. Let soak 3 to 6 hours.
- Drain fava beans and add to pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook 25 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Add drained fava beans, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, garlic, oregano, and thyme. Pulse 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl or tightly sealed container. Will keep, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
- When serving garnish with olive oil, paprika, and mint leaves.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved