Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
These cookies are so cute that it makes one feel guilty biting into them. I love gingerbread cookies and the holidays just aren’t complete without serving family and friends homemade gingerbread men cookies.
- 3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 1 Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- In large-size bowl mix together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In separate large-size bowl beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on a low speed until combined.
- Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Place in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are set and just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Decorate cookies as desired.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Makes 24 Cookies
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen