Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
A crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a crumb topping made of flour, butter, sugar, and nuts or spices, which is sometimes also called a streusel. Any fruit could be substituted in this recipe.
- 1 1/2 Pints Blueberries (Rinsed & Picked Over)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Cut Into Pieces)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place blueberries in baking dish and sprinkle with 6 tablespoons of sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, 6 tablespoons butter, remaining sugar, and kosher salt. Work flour mixture into a crumbly consistency.
- Evenly sprinkle flour mixture over blueberries.
- Place baking dish in middle of oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved