Yields or Serves:
Labor Day Weekend is here which means it’s the official “end of summer.” Friends will be firing up their grills this weekend grilling the usual steaks and burgers. Here is a great grilled chicken recipe for your long weekend holiday. Remember that if you don’t have a grill you can cook these chicken breasts in a grill pan.
- 1 Pound Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Fire up your grill to a medium-high heat.
- In food processor or blender combine, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, honey, red wine vinaigrette dressing, kosher salt, and pepper. Pulse until well blended.
- Place chicken breasts in shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Turn chicken over so that both sides get plenty of marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When ready to grill remove chicken from marinade and throw away marinade.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes on each side. You will want internal temperature to reach 165 degrees.
- Remove from grill and transfer to serving platter. Serve with fresh vegetables and rice.
- Serves 4
- © Victoria Hart Glavin