Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
The great thing about this dish is that it graciously goes from the oven to the table.
- 1 Large Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 1/2 Pounds Potatoes (Peeled & Thinly Sliced)
- 2 1/4 Cups Apple Cider
- 2 One Inch Thick Pork Chops
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper (Divided)
- 1/2 Cup Parsley (Chopped)
- 3 Sprigs Rosemary Or Thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium-size Dutch oven arrange half onions in even layer. Top with half of the potatoes arranging in even layer. Season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Repeat with remaining onions, potatoes, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour in apple cider.
- Season pork chops with remaining kosher salt and pepper. Place pork chops on top of potatoes and onions in single layer. Top with parsley and rosemary or thyme sprigs.
- Place in oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven. Slice pork chops. Serve with potatoes and onions.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen