Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 8
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Candy, Candy Thermometer, Christmas, Christmas Candy, Corn Syrup, Cornstarch, Food Coloring, Gelatin, Gracious Vintage, Holidays, Hot Chocolate, Kosher Salt, Marshmallows, Peppermint, Peppermint Extract, Peppermint Marshmallows, Powdered Sugar, S'Mores, Salt, Sugar, Tiny New York Kitchen, Treats, Victoria Hart Glavin, Water
Add these festive minty marshmallows into hot chocolate, eat them by themselves, or turn them into the most delicious s’mores. You will need a candy thermometer to make these treats.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 10 Drops Green And/Or Red Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Cornstarch
- Line the bottom of a 9x13inch baking dish with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water and gelatin to large-size bowl.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup water, and kosher salt to medium-size saucepan. Fit with candy thermometer. Turn heat to high and boil 1 to 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Stir constantly. Continue to boil, without stirring, 4 minutes until candy thermometer reads 240 degrees.
- Slowly pour syrup mixture over gelatin and beat, on high, 6 to 7 minutes until mixture is very white, shiny, ad has almost tripled in volume. Beat in peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish. With wet hands, pat mixture gently to fill pan in even layer. Let stand, uncovered, at least 12 hours or overnight until set.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and cut marshmallows into squares.
- To package, roll each square in a combination of powdered sugar and cornstarch before placing in gift bag or box.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved