Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Try this gently spicy chutney alongside roasted or grilled meats, or with a cheese plate.
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 Small Dried Red Chile (Broken Into Pieces)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard Seeds
- Zest Of 2 Limes
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Rhubarb (Cut Into 1/2 Inch Chucks)
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In medium-size saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, chile, mustard seeds, lime zest, and kosher salt. Bring to simmer over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup rhubarb. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes until fruit begins to break down. Stir in remaining 1 cup rhubarb and cook another 5 minutes. You will want rhubarb to be a bit chunky.
- Remove from heat. Stir in dry mustard and pepper. Remove cinnamon and let cool 10 minutes. Transfer to jar with lid. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Makes 1 Cup
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved