Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Adobo, Broth, Butter, Chicken Broth, Chipotles, Cranberries, Garlic, Holidays, Kosher Salt, Onions, Orange Juice, Orange Zest, Oranges, Pepper, Poultry, Roast Turkey With Cranberry Orange Glaze, Rosemary, Salt, Sugar, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Turkey, Thyme, Turkey, Unsalted Butter, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
While some people concentrate on the sides, it’s important to get the star of the show just right.
- 1 Turkey (12 to 14 Pounds)
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 8 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 10 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Smashed)
- 2 Pounds Cranberries
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotles In Adobo
- Juice Of 2 Oranges
- Zest of 2 Oranges
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat turkey dry and tuck in wings. Rub inside and out with kosher salt and pepper. Stuff cavity with 5 sprigs rosemary and 5 sprigs thyme. Tie legs together and place turkey breast up in roasting pan with a rack. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat medium-size saucepan over a medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons butter, onions, garlic, 3 sprigs rosemary, and 3 sprigs thyme. Cook 6 minutes until onions soften. Add cranberries, sugar, vinegar, chipotles, orange zest, and orange juice. Simmer 8 minutes until cranberries start to burst. Strain and reserve half for serving.
- In small-size saucepan melt remaining butter. Brush melted butter on turkey. Pour 1 cup broth into roasting pan. Roast 2 hours. Baste with pan drippings every 30 minutes after first hour. Add more broth if pan looks dry.
- After 2 hours of cooking, brush turkey with cranberry glaze every 20 minutes for 1 hour until thermometer inserted in thigh reaches 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let rest 30 minutes. Transfer to carving board. Remove foil and carve. Serve with reserved glaze.
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved