Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I tend to eat more salads in the warmer months. Panzanella Salad is an excellent main course summer salad. I flavored this classic Italian bread salad with pancetta arugula.
- 4 Ounces Pancetta (Cut Into 1/4 Inch Pieces)
- 4 Cups Cubed Peasant Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Shallot (Minced)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 6 Medium Tomatoes (Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces)
- 2 Small Bunches Arugula (Stems Trimmed)
- In medium-size skillet cook pancetta over a medium heat until lightly browned. With slotted spoon transfer to paper towels to drain. To pancetta drippings in skillet add bread cubes and cook 3 minutes until lightly browned. Stir frequently.
- In large-size bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, shallots, kosher salt, and pepper. Add tomatoes, arugula, bread cubes, and pancetta. Toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved