Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Lemon and nutmeg really accent the zucchini flavor.
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Finely Grated Unpeeled Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Finely Grated Lemon Peel
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, kosher salt, baking powder, and nutmeg. In another large-size bowl combine sugar, grated zucchini, olive oil, egg, and lemon peel. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan (8x4x2 inches). Place in oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove bread from pan and cool thoroughly on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- Makes 1 loaf
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved