Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 6
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
I like to think of this potato salad as a blank canvas. You can add to it what you like and leave out what you don’t like.
- 6 Medium Russet Potatoes (Peeled & Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces)
- 3 Tablespoons Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Relish
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- Optional: 1 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes, 1/2 Cup Halved Black Olives
- Add potato pieces to large-size pot. Add cold water and 2 tablespoons kosher salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until potatoes are just tender. Drain and let cool slightly. The potatoes should still be warm when you dress them which helps soak up the dressing.
- Cook eggs in medium-size pan of boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain, peel, and slice eggs.
- Cook bacon in large-size skillet 8 to 10 minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to paper towels to drain and let cool slightly. Tear into 1 inch pieces. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat in pan.
- In large-size bowl whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, relish, mustard, garlic powder, pepper, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Add potatoes, eggs, red onion slices, half of bacon, and reserved bacon fat. Gently fold until combined.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with remaining bacon.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved