Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Sweet potatoes are a must have on Thanksgiving. Bourbon adds a depth of flavor to the maple-sweetened potatoes. No marshmallows required!
- 6 Pounds Sweet Potatoes (Peeled & Cut Into Pieces)
- 4 Cups Apple Cider
- 6 Cups Water
- 2/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Plus More For Greasing Baking Dish)
- 3 Tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- In large-size pot add sweet potatoes, apple cider, and water. Bring to boil over a high heat. Turn heat to medium-low and cook 20 minutes until tender, but not mushy. Drain potatoes making sure to reserve 4 cups of potato liquid. Return potato liquid to pot and boil 20 minutes until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 3 quart shallow baking dish.
- Add 8 tablespoons butter to pot and maple syrup to pot. Bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and bourbon. Toss to combine. Mash sweet potatoes and then whisk until nice and smooth. Add kosher salt and stir to combine. Spread sweet potatoes in baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 10
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved