Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bar Cookies, Brown Sugar, Butter, Caramel, Chocolate, Chocolate & Caramel Squares, Cinnamon, Coconut, Comfort Food, Condensed Milk, Cookies, Dark Chocolate, Desserts, Fall, Flour, Kosher Salt, Lyle's Golden Syrup, Milk, Salt, Snacks, Sugar, Syrup, Vanilla, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
You just may want to double this recipe because they’ll be gone lickety split!
- For Base
- 1 Cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Melted)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- For Caramel
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup (Lyle’s)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- For Chocolate
- 16 Ounces Dark Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- Preheat your oven to 360 degrees.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, brown sugar, coconut, butter, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Press evenly into ungreased rectangular baking sheet or pan (medium-size or 9x13inch). Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a bit.
- In heavy saucepan combine condensed milk, golden syrup, and butter. Turn heat to medium. Stir constantly and cook 10 minutes until mixture begins to bubble. You will want mixture to be a light caramel color. Turn off heat and stir in vanilla. Gently pour mixture over base layer and return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Using double boiler melt chocolate and butter. Stir until melted. Remove from heat and pour over cooled caramel layer making sure all caramel is covered evenly.
- Place in refrigerator for 3 hours. Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.
- Transfer to serving plate if you will be serving immediately or place back in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes About 24
- Note: You will find Lyle’s Golden Syrup in most grocery stores in the sugar aisle.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved