Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Many of us on the east coast are snowed in and I can’t think of a better way to spend the morning than making delicious Buttermilk Pancakes.
- 3/4 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- In large-size bowl combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Stir with a whisk.
- In medium-size bowl combine buttermilk and egg yolks. Stir with a whisk. Gradually add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture. Stir with a whisk just until moist. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Stir in canola oil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place egg whites in medium-size bowl. Beat with a mixer until medium peaks form. Spoon half of egg whites onto batter. Gently fold in. Add remaining egg whites. Gently fold into batter.
- Heat nonstick griddle or skillet over a medium heat. Spoon 3 tablespoons batter per pancake onto griddle Cook 2 minutes or until edges begin to bubble and bottom is browned. Turn pancake over. Cook 2 minutes until done.
- Transfer to serving platter. Serve hot.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved