Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Basmati Rice, Breadcrumbs, Chicken, Chicken Breasts, Chicken Thighs, Citrus Chili Sauce, Coconut, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Dairy Free, Dinner, Gluten Free, Gluten Free Breadcrumbs, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Oregano, Oven Fried Coconut Chicken, Peanut Sauce, Pepper, Poultry, Sage, Salt, Sweet And Sour Sauce
Baked instead of fried these coconut crusted chicken breasts are delicious and are dairy and gluten-free. Feel free to use chicken thighs if you prefer. Serve with basmati rice and your choice of sauce. Sweet and sour, citrus chili or peanut sauce.
- 4 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Lemon (Juiced)
- 2 Teaspoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In shallow dish combine coconut milk and lemon juice. Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat rectangular glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- In large-size bowl combine breadcrumbs, coconut, sage, oregano, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Remove chicken from coconut milk mixture and dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture. Place in prepared baking dish.
- Place in oven 50 to 60 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes *Marinate 2 Hours
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved