Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
As we say goodbye to summer we say hello to fall, which is my favorite season of the year. Children are back in school, leaves are beginning to turn colors, and it’s time to get back to the meat and potatoes of ordinary time. Turkey meatloaf is an excellent weeknight dish that also doubles as weekday lunches. Serve with a side of herbed potatoes and a garden salad.
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Dried Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Grated Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Grated Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size bowl combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, egg, carrots, zucchini, sweet potatoes, and Dijon mustard. Mix well. Season with kosher salt and pepper is you want to.
- Pack mixture into a loaf pan. Combine Worcestershire sauce and remaining ketchup in small-size bowl. Brush over meatloaf.
- Place in oven and bake 45 minutes until done. Internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- Transfer from loaf pan to serving platter. Slice and serve.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved